x
Super Seller

Prep Time Displayed on Item Online

Just noticed there is now a prep time listed on items online! This is a great feature so it's another spot to put it in front of the customer. One issue: it currently displays everything in hours. So our cakes have a prep time of one week; it says 168 hours. Which yes is one week, but the hours part is a little bizarre and not everyone knows that or wants to google it to figure it out. Can it be updated to display it the way we see it on the back end (minutes, hours, days or weeks)?

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @sugarlab 😊

I have been out of the office for a few days, and am not familiar with the change you are referring to. Can you post a link to the page where this displays for the customer? I would like to run this by the team since it definitely sounds a bit strange to display the week time in hours.. 

Message 2 of 9
Super Seller

Message 3 of 9

Thank you! I'll check in with the team, and see if anyone has any insight on this. 

Message 4 of 9

Was this ever solved? I am having the same issue. I have a 1 week prep time and need it to show days

Message 5 of 9

Hi @Sugarbeans Can you also post a link to your website, and a screenshot of where you see the hours displayed so we can get more eyes on this? Thanks in advance!

Message 6 of 9

https://www.sugarbeansbakery.com/s/order?location=11eca0ca07962913a7d5ac1f6bbba828&item=14

I would like for my cakes to have the prep time (6 days) rather than having my default set to 6 days, because it’s the only item that needs a different prep time. It was showing 144 hours at the bottom, so I changed my default lead time to 6 days. 
I figured it was easier for people to figure out what 72 hours is in days, which is why I had to set all my other items to a prep time that what different than the lead time.

Message 7 of 9

6BC497DB-98DC-45BE-8E54-2DC73385CD4A.png

Message 8 of 9

Thank you, @Sugarbeans

I'm going to reach out to a few teams to confirm if this is expected behavior, or if it is a bug that is being worked on. I'll let you know what I find out in the upcoming week. 

Message 9 of 9