x

SSL Certificate Not Secure

I had a customer tell me they received the following messages. I dug through some threads on here and unpublished the site and republished and it fixed the issue. I just want to be sure there isn’t anything extra that needs to be done on my end. I had originally purchased a SSL through the company I bought my domain through, but they said Weebly doesn’t accept SSL’s from self certificates I wanna say. 

Is there anyway to ensure this doesn’t 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Site looks like it is secure now, for sure!  

SSL can be found in the Weebly editor -> Settings -> General.  About half way down is the SSL section.  It probably says “Enabled” for you now.  You can disable that here, but that wouldn’t be a good idea, of course.  Still if your site ever starts throwing “unsecure” messages again, this is where you would start.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @Brujastoblunts.  Weebly has its own SSL setting that you can toggle on and off.  If you unpublished and republished and it worked, then it seems you have the setting on.  So you should be fine from here on.

If you want, post your web site URL here and I’ll check it out to be sure I’m not seeing any messages.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

Sure, the url is www.brujastoblunts.site

also can you post instructions or a link in how to find the ssl toggle on/off button?

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

Site looks like it is secure now, for sure!  

SSL can be found in the Weebly editor -> Settings -> General.  About half way down is the SSL section.  It probably says “Enabled” for you now.  You can disable that here, but that wouldn’t be a good idea, of course.  Still if your site ever starts throwing “unsecure” messages again, this is where you would start.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 4