x

Set a product so that it cannot be combined with another

Greetings,

What I'm trying to do and/or need to do, is make a product so that the user must check out after putting that specific product in the cart.  In other words they can't add anything else to the cart.

TLDR: We are a bakery and offer specials for the holidays, i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.  I set up a Thanksgiving 2021 product and added variations to it, like rolls, cherry pie, etc.  In the description I put that these were the only things available for holiday pickup.  Then our customers started adding other regular items to the cart and checking out.  Needless to say, my plan was fouled.

So for Christmas I'm trying to prevent that from happening.  We bake over 150 items; but for the holiday orders I want to keep it to the Christmas 2021 variations. Is there a way to do this or will I have to just close off all our other products until after the Christmas Holiday?

Thanks again for your help.

Bill

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CRF,

Thanks for writing back into our community!

At the moment, there isn't a way to prohibit customers from adding several items to their cart. Are your holiday items available at different dates than your regular bakery items? Or are you looking for a way to limit orders, e.g maximum of 4 items per customer? Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂 

Message 2 of 5

The holiday items are available to order from now until 12/18 for pickup on 12/24.   I know how to limit items/customer.  If you want, pop over to the website, the holiday choices are on the splash page: crestridgefarms.com.

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sending through the link @CRF, I see what you mean! 

A workaround here could be to create a second Square Online site, for your holiday orders only. You wouldn't have to create your items again, as the library would sync across, and you can make your Christmas menu items available only. The site can also be deactivated after the holiday season is over. Get started with our guide on managing multiple sites here.  

Message 4 of 5

Brilliant idea, too late to do this for Christmas now but I'll give it a go for Easter.

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 5 of 5