x
Beta Member

Square Online Store: Where to update customer information?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: online store - updating customer information]

I do not see a place to be able to update customer information for our online store. If customers entered a wrong email, name, address, etc, during their takeout order, I do not see where to correct. I do not see it under Weebly and going to Squareup does not help me.Would you please help me with this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @obarron!

Please login to the Square Dashboard and go to your Customer Directory. You should be able to select a customer and edit their information. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

HI Isabelle,

I can do updates in the Square Dashboard but I am trying to make updates under the Order Details in Weebly too. That is where I am having problems. If I am trying to send an email with notifications when the order is ready and such and the email is wrong, I cannot update it manually. Same for names and such. I want to make sure my contacts under Weebly are also correct. Is there a way to update contact information? I need to be able to update for both Weebly as well as the Square Dashboard. I did update the information in the Square Dashboard but the information does not match from one to the other.

Thanks,

Odo

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hey @obarron!

When you say 'If I am trying to send an email with notifications when the order is ready and such and the email is wrong,' are you referring to the customers email? Or your own as the sender? 

Let me know! 👀

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Hi Isabelle,

Yes, the auto-generated messages Square sends to our customers. Is there a way to update that? I can foresee our customers will have typos and such and I want to be able to correct them. Same for phone numbers and all kind of customer contact information.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@obarron

Can you try going to Square Online Dashboard > Online > Settings > Email Setup? You should see the following:

I hope that helps! Let me know if that's not what you're looking for. 

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

No, not this. Our email is correct and all our information is correct. I want to correct the customer information. If that was entered wrong, I want to make sure I can correct it.

I am attaching a picture of the Weebly order detail. The address was totally wrong. I need to correct the name and the email. I was able to correct it under Squareup directory  but I cannot correct under Weebly, the order details. Please see screen shot for the one I am trying to correct and I have had a few errors before so I want to be able to correct those errors.

ink (4).png

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Okay @obarron, I understand your question now. Sorry for the confusion.

At this time, there isn't a way to edit the contact information from an order (that the customer entered) after it’s been placed. Sorry about that. Hopefully that's a feature that we can make available in the future. 

Message 8 of 8