x

Square should do Virtual Location Deliveries

I recently came across a feature that would be a game changer for any business offering local delivery. Since the biggest issue with delivery is making the logistics profitable and being able to match production and ordering scheduling this is a genius way to addresses both of those points. Some local organic farmers do this and innovative  restaurant groups in my city do this too. 

it works like this: customers are offered a local delivery pickup location that is offsite and scheduled appointment when they can pickup their order. 

I know of dairy farmers doing this in church parking lots and restaurants doing this at community centers. They call it “hood drop”. 

By grouping the orders together the business can minimize the delivery cost and plan the product production. 

Since this is a weekly appointment customers create a habit and there is a new sense of community for them since they’ll also meet neighbors who are fans of your brand.

This also allows for very targeted marketing.

We left Square awhile ago. I am reevaluating options for our pandemic business model and it seems Square has been adding relevant features. Since the website is very light on details I turn to you seller community. 🙂

Is Square able to do this?

Read about one implementation here:

https://www.appfront.ai/blog/unleash-a-new-delivery-method-with-appfront-local-drop

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0