x

Stop Tracking Stock

How hard could it possibly be to Feature add a column when exporting to excel that asks

"stock tracking - ON or OFF"

Oh its great that you can turn it on just by saying Y to stock alert. 4500 items later when you only want to track half of those, there is ZERO way to bulk disable tracking. This causes negative numbers for 'on hand' quantities, which in turn screws up ordering along with the underwhelming options of reports one can pull - such as what your current quantity of inventory on hand would be if such a report existed. I mean, who would want to know end of year inventory ,  Not like its a necessity for tax reasons.

where square excels in so many ways, it just always seems to fail in the simplest ways.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

That column already exists in the excel template for Square's Item Library . 

You'll see a column labeled  "Enable [your location name]" for each active location you have. Simply enter Y in the cells for the items you want tracked, and N for the items you don't.

@HotSpot

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

@JustinC Tried this, but while it does stop tracking stop, it also removes the item from the location. In order to make it available again you need to back and re-add it to the location.  Definitely not a solution esp. if you're trying to make bulk changes. 

Also, once I re-assigned it to a location, the old stock amount re-appeared, so the "stop tracking" didn't really work.

Square needs to address this issue!  

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Yeah, I totally agree.  I just signed onto square and this is driving me nuts that the export feature doesn't really export anything you need to make bulk changes for an import.  How are we exporting like 6 columns when an item should have about 20.  This is insane.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I think I figured it out by another thread.  You have to put an N in the new stock column.  This will stock the tracking on the item.

Message 5 of 5