x

Tips on getting more people to my page

Hello. I'm new and just am now starring my online business. Will mostly be doing live mystery bag reveals on facebook and tic toc. But I'm also to starting to buy new products for my store. Is there any any advice in how to get people to see my page?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hey there Tracy40ny,

This is always a popular question and what works well for one business may not apply to another. If there was a magic solution, well we would all be making tons of money.   Best to start with the basic social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flicker, Pinterest, YouTube, Vimeo, Google Maps, Google Places for Business and Yelp - the more you get your name out there the better and you can setup these accounts for free.  Note, just having a web site does not mean customers but, the more ways someone can find you will certainly make a difference.  Creating a video about your business or blogging can be helpful.  Advertising in your local paper may promote sales too.   Cross selling via other sites like Etsy may increase interest even if you just list a few items.  Another option is to spread the word via friends and family as word of mouth is very effective and free.  Depending on your budget, online ads may drive sales however, it's a challenge to determine your ROI - personally, over the years we have spent quite a few dollars doing advertising however, we really don't think it was worth it as compared to word of mouth which costs nothing.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hey there Tracy40ny,

This is always a popular question and what works well for one business may not apply to another. If there was a magic solution, well we would all be making tons of money.   Best to start with the basic social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flicker, Pinterest, YouTube, Vimeo, Google Maps, Google Places for Business and Yelp - the more you get your name out there the better and you can setup these accounts for free.  Note, just having a web site does not mean customers but, the more ways someone can find you will certainly make a difference.  Creating a video about your business or blogging can be helpful.  Advertising in your local paper may promote sales too.   Cross selling via other sites like Etsy may increase interest even if you just list a few items.  Another option is to spread the word via friends and family as word of mouth is very effective and free.  Depending on your budget, online ads may drive sales however, it's a challenge to determine your ROI - personally, over the years we have spent quite a few dollars doing advertising however, we really don't think it was worth it as compared to word of mouth which costs nothing.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks so much for your reply! Yea I'm spreading my page mostly through word of mouth right now. Im alsso using some social media like Facebook and tic toc. I did a little boost on tic toc but other then that I don't want to spend a fortune on advertising right now. Thank you for letting me know that you didn't think advertising was worth all the extra money. 😁I wish you lots of success!

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

what type of business/product do you have. Post on TikTok at least 2 times a day, different formats with trending sounds. You cannot get discouraged- you MUST dedicate yourself but there is only UP SIDE to the time you put in.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 6

@DLRosenberg wrote:

what type of business/product do you have. Post on TikTok at least 2 times a day, different formats with trending sounds. You cannot get discouraged- you MUST dedicate yourself but there is only UP SIDE to the time you put in.

Thanks so much! I'm starting up a live mystery bag reveals. Im going to have a array of items. Home goods, womens accessories,specialty snacks, bath and beauty and things like that. But im also going to start adding things people can just buy from the site. 

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

For us social media drives sales- if you have a trend consumer good TikTok and Instagram are the place to be but you must be consistent. 

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 6