x

What size should images be for the slideshow photo gallery on my Square Online website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Re: Slideshow item viewing

Hello,

Do you know what the image size should be for slideshows on the online stores?

I made the image a 720x720 but the image is still being cropped and zoomed into.

-Christa Salem
Message 1 of 23
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Slideshow item viewing

When you first posted here, I was able to see the photos (🐶) you had included in your slideshow gallery and noticed they were in portrait format - taller than they are wide. The slideshow gallery's default image format is landscape - images wider than they are tall. Photos in landscape format will fit best in the slideshow photo gallery.

If you want to try to display the full length of these photos, you would need to first edit the images in photo software to include a white or transparent background to create a landscape sized image. Alternatively, you could find a third party slideshow option and use the Embed Code option, @kenzie6488.

I hope this helps! 

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

When you first posted here, I was able to see the photos (🐶) you had included in your slideshow gallery and noticed they were in portrait format - taller than they are wide. The slideshow gallery's default image format is landscape - images wider than they are tall. Photos in landscape format will fit best in the slideshow photo gallery.

If you want to try to display the full length of these photos, you would need to first edit the images in photo software to include a white or transparent background to create a landscape sized image. Alternatively, you could find a third party slideshow option and use the Embed Code option, @kenzie6488.

I hope this helps! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ObscenicAtelier,

I moved your post to an existing thread where there's seller discussion around gallery image uploading.

I'd also recommend doing some basic Dashboard troubleshooting that's listed here.

Tagging @Goldneye too to see if she uses the gallery!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 23

HI, and thank you to @ashc for tagging me in.  @ObscenicAtelier were you trying to update your gallery during the busiest time of the business day?  If so, there is a known Square sync issue and the sync / lag will be longer.

If you are still having the same error, can you please share a screenshot? and a link? to be able to see the error or what else may be causing it?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 23 of 23