x

Why is shipping address required for digital orders?

Hi, 

I'm trying to sell a digital item, but every time we get to the checkout it requires a "shipping address". 

I have tried so many things but cannot seem to get that to go away. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you,

Becky

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.51.06 PM.png

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

HI, here are the breadcrumbs to see the Checkout Settings,

Online Dashboard, Settings, Checkout, scroll down to Checkout Experience, far right Edit Customer Input, scroll down the page to uncheck Address boxes.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 7

Thank you for that. Unfortunately that has been unchecked for quite some time now, but it still requires a shipping address.

Below is what I'm seeing. Is there anything else you think I'm missing? Thank you in advance for looking! 

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.21.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.21.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 7.23.50 AM.png

Message 3 of 7

HI, is Flower Paste Recipe Course Item Type: Digital?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 7

It is.

And I feel like I've gone through every section possible to make sure there is no shipping fulfillment option selected.... but clearly I'm missing something. 

Message 5 of 7

I did it! 

I don't know if it'll bite me in the butt later, but I selected "this item is tax exempt" and for some reason that removed "Shipping address" from the checkout!

I'll take it. This has been driving me absolutely bonkers!

Thank you so much for looking into this for me and taking time to try to resolve!

-Becky

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

If anyone else stumbles across this post I have found a solution that worked for me regarding this issue.  At our bakery we need to use digital/service items as a workaround for holiday pre-orders.  This shipping address requirement really created a lot of confusion for our customers.  The solution for me was:

1.  Go to online settings in dashboard.

2. Go to fulfillment.

3. Go to shipping.

4. At the very bottom go to edit "Digital Item Regional Availability" and check the box for service items and digital items to be available worldwide.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Message 7 of 7