x

applying $ amount discounts to items in weebly

Hello

I'm trying to apply a discount for customers who bring reusable cups - it would be a fixed 50c discount for each reusable cup.

I cannot see how to apply this discount at the item level, when I add it in the modifiers, it won't let me apply negative numbers.  The discount is needs to be on an item level bc sometimes customers bring multiple reusable cups and I need to be able to apply the discount multiple times, for each item.

Thank you very much!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Shweta

Have you tried setting up the coupon directly in the Online Store? 

You will go to your Online Store Dashboard > Items > Coupons. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the response! But this looks like customers would need to know the name of the coupon in order to apply it - they can't check a box to get the discount automatically.  Is that right, I thought there was an easier option - particularly for square pos

Message 3 of 5

Sorry I see my original question was for items in weebly but I also am having trouble adding this discount at the item level within the square pos - only percentage discounts appear to come through at the item level 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@Shweta

In your Online Store you can have a code that you would need to give the customers or you can add a discount to a specific item automatically. I added a screenshot of where to find it. 

Through your Point of Sale it would be a similar process. You will go to your Items > Discounts > Create a new one. There is a switch to turn on an Automatic discount too.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5