x
Beta Member

detailed gift card report

I need a report that shows the full gift card number, the customer it was sold to and the amount loaded on the gift card. If a client loses the card, I would like to be able to manually enter the gift card in to see the balance.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @hyggedayspa 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community!

It sounds like you're asking about physical Gift Cards, and not eGift Cards. You can export your current Square Gift Card information to a spreadsheet from your Dashboard by following these steps. Additionally, @Helen provided some tips that could help if your customer loses their physical gift card in her Best Answer on another thread.

In regards to a name being associated with a physical Gift Card (not eGift) purchase, a customer's name may be associated with the transaction in which the Gift Card was purchased - if you added a customer from your Customer Directory to the transaction at the time of purchase.

However, that does not mean it would be directly linked to the Gift Card itself. A physical Gift Card can be tied to a specific customer if you add the Gift Card as the card on file to their profile in your Customer Directory. 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @hyggedayspa 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community!

It sounds like you're asking about physical Gift Cards, and not eGift Cards. You can export your current Square Gift Card information to a spreadsheet from your Dashboard by following these steps. Additionally, @Helen provided some tips that could help if your customer loses their physical gift card in her Best Answer on another thread.

In regards to a name being associated with a physical Gift Card (not eGift) purchase, a customer's name may be associated with the transaction in which the Gift Card was purchased - if you added a customer from your Customer Directory to the transaction at the time of purchase.

However, that does not mean it would be directly linked to the Gift Card itself. A physical Gift Card can be tied to a specific customer if you add the Gift Card as the card on file to their profile in your Customer Directory. 

Valentina
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply. I cannot find a report that gives me the full gift card number. I will need all 16 digits to manually enter the card in at checkout. 

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

If you contact our Support team directly, they can give you a hand with this @hyggedayspa!

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here - just let them know what you told us here, and they can help you out.

Valentina
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

Is support able to help with a report showing the full 16 digit number?

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Printing,

Thanks for taking the time to reach back out to us in this thread regarding eGift Card reporting. 

For context here, we generally don’t provide full eGift Card PAN reporting for security reasons unless the Square Seller is switching to another gift card provider and they still want to honor any gift cards that are still active through Square. We only provide the last 4 digits, just as we would for a customer's credit or debit card. 

If a customer needs to re-send an eGift Card to the recipient or edit the email address to send the eGift Card, you can always do this from your Square Dashboard by following the instructions listed in this Support Article.

Let me know if you have any further questions here and I'll do my best to assist you!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 6 of 10

I cannot get anyone on the phone who will allow me this info. We are moving providers and need this export to include all the data, full card numbers and balances. Is there anything specifically I can say that will get someone to know what they need to do on their end? Ive tried telling them I need ""Export Gift Card PANs"  and they still say they cannot help me?

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @windunwined 

Sorry to hear that you're leaving Square and that you've been having trouble getting your Full Gift Card report. I recommend letting our direct Phone Support team know these exact details. My understanding is that this report is available to Account Owners calling to deactivate their Square Account and need the report to provide it to their new Payment Processor.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Was support able to help you with a report with the full 16 digit number?

Message 9 of 10

Time to upgrade the gift card reporting. If you sell a gift card and assign the number to customer it would be great to see a report with the balance and the customers name

Additionally, when you don't have the card "in hand" you should be able to add funds by clicking the customers card on file.. not manually saving number, entering number, adding customer to transaction, and re-adding customer to transaction. seems completely unnecessary when you already have all that information.

The adding a customer to a transaction seems a little cumbersome as well.

Message 10 of 10