x

free shipping vs flat rate custom shipping profile

I just published my site and I'm testing the cart functionality.  I set up a custom shipping profile for select items (books than can be sent media mail) to flat rate these at $5.50 total per order.  I also have free shipping profile for orders over $50.  The custom flat rate profile for certain items is overriding the free shipping one. So if someone buys $60 of books, they are not getting free shipping, they are being charged $5.50.  Can these two types of shipping profiles (custom flat rate for select items and free shipping) not function together? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

HI, can you please share a screenshot of your Shipping Profiles?

ex. Flat Rate

shipping profile.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 5

Hi!  I actually do not know how to insert a screenshot. I have the picture but don't how how to upload. 😞

I have 2 default shipping profiles - to give the customer a  choice of how fast they want the item.  I also have free shipping for $50+. This only shows up if the cart goes over $50.

In addition to that, I created a flat rate per order for select items/books (selected only/all the books when I created the profile).  This rate will be just 5.50 per order, no matter how many books are ordered.  I was testing to see what would happen if there's a book, and a non book item, etc. I understand the behavior now and made some adjustments.  But if the cart goes over $50, no matter what is in the cart the shipping should give the free option.  If there is a book in the cart it is still adding the $5.50. 

I think I found a work around that should work.  I just wanted to know for sure that custom profiles for select items will override the free shipping profile.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5

HI, no problem, I need to see how they are set up, some profiles don't play well with others.

To upload the screenshot, click camera icon when it appears upon Reply.Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 11.00.35 AM.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 5

I did try the camera, its just not working for me.  I type the path for the picture in the source field and it doesn't do anything.  So sorry to take your time.  

Message 5 of 5