x
Beta Member

new order email notifications have stopped

Haven't received one in three days. They are not in my spam folder and the notification settings are correct (and haven't changed). We use Google Apps for email and I've added all the squareup.com address to a whitelist, but I'm still not getting them.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Beta Member

We are having the exact same issue. Order emails just stopped! We didn't change any settings and the setting is still the same. Square, help.

Message 2 of 37
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @villagebeer 👋

There are some situations where our emails may be blocked or delayed by your email provider (which we have no control over). If you can’t find the messages in your inbox or spam folders, and you truly believe the messages aren’t coming through, then we encourage you to whitelist a few of our emails related to your Square Online site to help keep them from being blocked or delayed.

Whitelist the following email addresses by adding them to your contacts:

Message 3 of 37

The whitelist suggestion doesn't help.  I'm having the same problem, email notifications suddenly stopped, so I have no idea an order was placed.  Square is ignoring the problem and blaming it on some the client.

Message 4 of 37

I have not been with Square for long but have had several orders placed since I started my eCommerce site. At first, I was receiving new order emails and my customers were getting their order confirmation emails just as they should. But on 2/7/23, an order was placed and I had no idea until I received a Square email the morning of 2/9/23 informing me money had been sent to my bank account. Nothing in my settings has changed and there was no new order email in my spam or junk folders. Thankfully this time the customer was my aunt so she contacted me privately to see if I received the order. But this issue is very concerning and unprofessional. With so many scammers out there, customers need to know that their order has been received and being processed. I believe this is an issue on Square's end because as I said, nothing has changed on my end. However if I have done something wrong, please let me know so I can fix it.

Message 5 of 37

Hi @CRELLC  - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Online Store notifications has brought you to the Seller Community😥

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team via phone or email

The best way to reach out is by phone because our team can look at your account with you and help you make adjustments in real time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 37

I've reached out by phone, but they don't have an answer, other than suggesting taking responsibility for the problem.

Message 7 of 37

I haven't reached out yet but what you experienced doesn't sound encouraging. I have a full time job in addition to my side business, so calling during business hours won't work for me because I'm not at my home computer. I have not changed any of my ecommerce email settings and things were working fine at first and nothing is going to spam or junk. This is extremely concerning as I have confirmed that on the order which prompted my post, my customer did not receive any kind of confirmation email and I did not receive notification of the sale. I did, however, get notification a day later of payment being sent to my bank. I assume this issue also means that customers won't be getting email requests to leave feedback, either. I was using the free ecommerce version at the time the order was placed. Do you think one of the paid tiers would have better service? I have subscribed to the next level up, but I am just getting started with this as an online business and haven't had any orders since I went to the paid version.

Message 8 of 37

I don't believe moving up to another (paid) level is the solution.  I've used the Square online product for several years and this issue started about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  It's my understanding Square/Weebly made internal changes about the same time.  After many phone calls I finally reached a different technical support person, who had a better understanding of the problem.  While not ideal, we made a single change in the setting Weebly/Square uses to notify the business owner that an order has been placed.  Here's how to fix the problem:  Log into your Square account.  At the far left side select "Online".  Then, select "Website".  Scroll down and select "Settings".  Select "Notifications".  Here you'll find the email address Weebly/Square uses to send notificatiion orders.  I simply added another email address and my problem was solved.   This is not ideal and it's unclear if the customer sees this alternate email address or not.   When selecting this 2nd email address, it probably needs to have a completely different domain(?) after the "@" symbol.  In other words, don't simply change the front side from "crellc@" to "info@".   It's likely the text after the "@" symbol that's the problem.  Ideally, Square needs to find a better solution for confirming orders.  It would also help if their technical people were easier to reach by phone.  It would also help, if the Square support person could put you in contact with a knowledgeable person, rather than making guesses.  

Message 9 of 37

Thank you SO much! Even if its not ideal, at least its a solution, and I appreciate your sharing. I agree, though, that Square needs to correct this issue. It is crazy that domain names are causing the problem. Did they say if this also corrects the customer confirmation email receipt issue also? With all the scams going on out there, I want my customers to have confidence that their purchase has been made from a legitimate business and receiving an order confirmation email, shipping email, etc. is a part of that. 

Message 10 of 37

I don't know if it corrects the customer confirmation email receipt issue.  My orders are high dollar amounts (usually $300 - $750), but very infrequent, so I plan to investigate this later.  I've wasted so much time resolving the order notification issue, I didn't persue the ccustomer receipt side.  If you get an answer, please let me know.

Message 11 of 37

I added additional email addresses to the notification screen and placed a test order just now. I did receive notifications of the sale at all three email addresses I used. I did not, however, as the customer receive an order confirmation email. I did receive a confirmation by text, but I do not understand why customers are not receiving confirmation emails. Not every customer is going to plug in their phone number. Square, I hope you are reading this. We need confirmation emails for our customers. Clearly looking at this thread it is obvious that it is not just my problem. Multiple merchants are having the same issue. Thank you for your help.

Message 12 of 37

Good Morning @CRELLC thank you for reaching out and providing more insight on this. That is super frustrating your customers are not getting the confirmation email, I certainly want to investigate this further.  Can you provide your website URL? Currently, when I am looking on my end I am not seeing this issue coming up but this might be something our Square Online Team is more aware of, have you been able to reach out to them? You can reach Square Online at #1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport.  I will keep an eye on your reply! 

Message 13 of 37

MayaP:  If you think @CRELLC is the only person having issues not receiving order notification emails and customers not receiving receipts, then you're obviously not monitoring problems posted by others.  More importantly, it appears Square is not communicating with your own telephone support staff.  I and others noticed that order email notifications stopped about 4 weeks ago.  Likewise, customers are not receiving receipts for orders by email.  Telephone support staff avoids the real issue and provides email addresses to add to my whitelist (safe list), but this doesn't work.  For me, my online store is hosted by Square, so why is the URL needed?

Roy

Message 14 of 37

Hey there I do understand this is upsetting and certainly can see other people are having this issue but in order to take a deeper dive I need to confirm the URL. Since we cannot discuss account-specific information via the Seller Community getting your URL is the most secure way for us to take a deeper dive into this and test this out. Again I can clearly see multiple people reporting the issue but since on our end, there are no reports of this issue it will be easier to take this on looking at specific websites.   If we are asking for information it is for a reason, not just to waste time.  If Square Online has not been made aware of the issue which from what I can tell they haven't how can we get this resolved as a whole @mckayrt ? Please provide your URL or reach out directly to Customer Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

Message 15 of 37

Where do I send the URL, without posting it for everyone to see on the community? If you can provide an email address or provide a phone number to call you at, then I can send the URL. 

Message 16 of 37

Seller Community advocates do not have email addresses or phone numbers you can send this to.  Your URL is the link to your website so that should be public. If you don't want to provide it here then please reach out to Customer Support. In all honestly, it will be best to reach out to Square Online Directly because they do want to hear about this issue directly from the seller. I also don't see any contact between you and support about this issue, again if our team hasn't been notified about this we cannot get this resolved. Please reach out to Customer Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. Thank you @mckayrt !

Message 17 of 37

Here's the URL you requested for my site: https://roy-mckay-phd.square.site/

You say thetre is no contact between myself and support about this, but I have multiple emails and more than one case number.  I believe you've simply confirmed that there is poor to no communication between phone support and what you can see.  Here's one of the case numbers I was provided: Case #: 78681049 

During phone support, I keep getting different people, each time having to explain the issue.  For example, on Mar 8, I received an email from "Benjamin I", who said he's escalated my case to the Square Online Support Team.  I responded back shortly afterwards and received a reply from "Chrysteene", asking me to explain the issue in detail.  I've had emails going back and forth, but calling into the 1-855-700-6000 number is both time consuming and simply having to repeat the same concern again.  I've requested setting up a date & time to speak with an upper tier support person, but they claim this can't be done.  They prefer to play email and phone tag. 

Message 18 of 37

I have been having the same problem! I have been going back and forth with support via chat and email for 12 days now—though the last three days I’ve been ghosted. No more replies. My storefront is https://bookwormwordnerd.square.site/ 

I receive order emails, but my customers do not and the orders are not updated on my Square dashboard unless I manually send their shipping emails. I’ve communicated with PRINTFUL and they very helpfully have identified that the problem is not on their end. I even shared screenshots of my emails with them in my correspondence with Square support. I just kept getting sent to new people from Square or Weebly and I can tell they weren’t even reading my emails—they were sending me links to the videos about how to connect my account with PRINTFUL. This has been entirely frustrating and severely disappointing. As much work as I have put into this website, I have started to look elsewhere to start over if I can’t even get competent support. 

Message 19 of 37

I'm having the same problem.

Message 20 of 37

I have set up an e commerce store online to sell my products.  However, I am noticing that I am not getting any e mail alerts when I get a new order.  I do have my settings set to send an email.  The only way I know that I have a new order is that I get my daily sales summary report email at the end of the day.  Any help on this?  

Message 21 of 37