x

ounce

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how can I add the weight of my items per ounces, I am selling activewear clothes, partnered with XPS for shipping and I need to calculate everything by ounces the most I have is a 10.1oz and on the shipping it says just lbs and cant change that neither

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Thanks for your post, @4EverFit, and welcome to Seller Community!

There are 16 ounces in a pound, so all you need to do is divide the number of ounces by 16 and then enter the result of that as the number of pounds. For example 10.1 oz is equal to 0.63125 lbs.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I know there are a few similar threads about this topic, but I wanted to make sure this is addressed.

Units of measurement are extremely important to anyone selling physical products online. Some items can be very lightweight, like paper products or stickers, and can weigh less than a whole ounce. Many shipping services use ounces for their base measurement when calculating shipping rates. It would make sense to offer an ounces option for item weights, perhaps as a drop down in each variation row. If this is too outlandish to do, a simple fix would be to add an addition decimal place in the current set up. 

Message 3 of 4

I just published my site and am having the same problem with weights.Ounces NEEDS to be the option and not making us break it down this way.I'm learning Square/Weebly has a few issues that may make me find another web host.Getting frustrated.

Message 4 of 4