x
Beta Member

"shipping method is no longer available"

We've had two separate customers trying to order a shipped item through our online store in the last week say that when they attempted to check out they got an error, "Selected Shipping method is no longer available, please select a new shipping method." There aren't any other methods available and we're not sure what is causing this. Is there a setting we're missing?Re Online order.png

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Yep, I'm having this issue with a customer too. This is so incredibly frustrating - I swear everyday it's something new that's wrong with Square and a 'bug that needs fixed' meanwhile we're losing customers left and right because they don't want to fight with it or ask.

I am not seeing an actual solution here - is this bug an issue yet again? It seems like from the feed it has been an issue, then fixed, then an issue, then fixed - do you ever permanently fix a bug or????? 

SO FRUSTRATING! Every day something new - really wishing I hadn't invested so much time into my website or I'd move it elsewhere. TOO MANY ISSUES.

Message 22 of 27

I'm feeling the same way.  We were hoping for something easier to sync inventory for our retail store and website but this is so buggy.  I came here looking for a solution to the shipping method not available because a customer can't get past it right now.  And she first reached out to me to say she was getting a blank screen when she hit checkout.   When she finally made it to place order, she was met with another blank screen.  Got past that and now she's not able to select a shipping option.  And that's just ONE customer.  

Message 23 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting @megan-k

Is the customer seeing the error message on the screen after entering address details, or is she having trouble just loading the page?

Message 24 of 27

In her case, I think it was a browser caching issue.  I have now switched back to my previous shopping cart but have not figured out how to ask for a prorated refund.

Message 25 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @megan-k

I sent you a private message with more information regarding your billing question. 

Message 26 of 27

Thank you, Bernadette.  I feel like that was a very reasonable resolution.  I appreciate your time.

Message 27 of 27