x

Can I adjust business hours on Square Online for a holiday?

We will be closed for Memorial Day on Monday and I want to allow orders to keep coming in but I would like to let our customers know that they won't be able to pick up on Monday. Is there a way to "block out" Monday from a pick up day? If I change the business hours, it could show us closed EVERY Monday not just Memorial day...any fix to this?

Message 1 of 200
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Thank you for your patience as our teams worked hard to get this feature ready for use! 

You can now set restricted dates at the location level to manage days on which you do not want to accept pickup and delivery orders. Head to your Online Overview page, select Settings > Pickup & delivery > select a location. Once here, pick a location, and you'll see Restricted dates:

Click Restricted dates to edit your hours - then scroll down on this page to find the Restricted dates section, and click Add date to start adding restricted dates. Feel free to check the box next to Repeat every year if your business is always closed on this specific date:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 138 of 200
Beta Member

Best Answer

When  youre building the announcement pop up, there's a "style and content" tab and a "settings" tab. You go to the "settings" tab and go down to "schedule" and  click "set duration." You can set the date it starts and ends after that!  I hope that helps!!

View Best Answer >

Message 196 of 200
199 REPLIES 199
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sweetnsaltys,

Thanks for your added input on this feature request!

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 64 of 200

Using a different system instead. We found Theordering.app and Wix.com does offer these options. We're using these and they work great! 

Message 65 of 200

At least give us a timeline. If this isn't on your roadmap, your CTO needs to look for another job.

How can this be difficult? It should have been the first thing you did after you created location hours. I can't even fathom why it wasn't on the basic requests for the initial product.

Sort it out. It shouldn't take more than a couple days, seriously. You have a calendar, you have business hours, how hard can it be?

You ought to have this in place by this Thanksgiving. Muppets.

Message 66 of 200

I've literally spent HOURS on the phone with suggestions to Square/Weebly, including on this very issue and now we find ourselves in November.  I first discovered this issue back on Memorial Day when we closed for the day but didn't think to change our open hours.  We figured since our online store was "not accepting orders" we'd be good to go.  Nope!  We were about 20 orders deep before we realized what was happening and it took most of the rest of the day to contact each and every customer, cancel and refund.

What a nightmare!  I understand tech fixes may not be as simple as we think, but it's been about HALF A YEAR.  This is a huge inconvenience for so many people, as we can all see.  I'm a huge supporter of Square, but I find this to be completely unacceptable.  

Message 67 of 200
Beta Member

This is a huge problem for us, we have already started to get orders for thanksgiving day when we are closed. It says clearly on the ordering instructions that we are closed but they still order. We close Thanksgiving until the following Tuesday so we have to close the store completely for five days and of course customers are not going to be able to place orders for the next week. This will be a big problem for Christmas and New Years as well. 

Message 68 of 200

Yes, I would like this too!! Please, square, fix this! 

Message 69 of 200
Beta Member

we transferred over our online store from wordpress/woocommerce finally last weekend.  no holidays setting is going to be a big problem for us as we close for major holidays (thanksgiving, christmas, etc.). we need to set them closed well in advance so no one can place order for pick up or delivery.

please add this feature asap or we'll have to seriously figure out how we go back to wp/wc.

Message 70 of 200

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Fulfilment Date

How do I set a specific date for fulfillment? Right now customers will get the message that their order is ready tomorrow or in DECEMBER???? My event is for Thanksgiving Meals??? 

Message 71 of 200
Alumni

While it isn't currently possible to set a specific fulfillment date, we are tracking interest in this ability here in this thread. I've moved your post here so that your input is included with the others'! You'll also receive a notification if new posts are added - that way you'll be the first to know when something changes here, @SiBonChef.

Valentina
Message 72 of 200

This is a basic feature that is needed for all small businesses - to be able to pick particular dates to close or to change operating hours on a certain date. We also need a feature that allows us to offer a product on a particular date and not have to *hope* that the customer reads an entire paragraph on how to order a certain product that is only available on one day. Lengthy instructions causes loss of business. Not everyone is going to find this thread on google and complain or ask for these features to be added - they are simply going to take their business elsewhere. These are basic, common sense features for anyone that knows anything about how a business is run. Please update your site's features IMMEDIATELY.

Message 73 of 200

Also ---- I can't even easily find where to change my hours so that I can close for Thursday so I don't get Thanksgiving orders. I've been looking for 5 minutes. Why are these features so difficult to find? I am not uneducated or computer illiterate. Everything about ordering online through this site needs to be completely updated.

Message 74 of 200

In the main squareup dashboard, you have to click on 'account & settings' then in that page click on 'business.' Then 'Locations.'

Message 75 of 200

It's November 19 2020 and I was trying to do the same thing for Thanksgiving and there is still no way to do it smh! Square is really screwing up and needs to get with the times!

Message 76 of 200

Why is this topic marked solved? Nobody in this entire thread thinks being able to change your business hours only on the week of the event is an acceptable workaround, and a ton of us are having to manually chase our customers and explain the problem to them. You're creating work for many businesses here, during the busy season, during Covid.

Fix it.

Message 77 of 200

In addition to the other suggestions in this thread, it should also be possible to schedule hours and days by category. For example: breakfast category items available until 10am during the week, and till 11am on the weekends. 

Daily manual adjustment of item availability is killing us. We've gone from business owners to worker bees. Please giving this immediate attention. A new wave of COVID shutdowns makes this even more important.

Message 78 of 200

I find square/Weebly was really working for us when we first set it up. Then, something happened. Now, I am a worker bee as well. I'm manually doing so much that square once did. I wish square would get it together. The product is so promising. The support and usability leaves a lot to be desired.

Message 79 of 200
Beta Member

@Everyday That part is basically possible now. When you create a new category in your online store you can have it= available for pickup and delivery only during certain days and times. See the screenshot below. Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 11.46.36 PM.png

Message 80 of 200

Ugh, thanks so much. You're a lifesaver!

Message 81 of 200

I guess that's some progress for people that only sell certain items during certain times of the day, however, for the majority of us, the issue with holidays/closures still remains.  So for example on Thanksgiving, everyone better remember to not only shut down your online store from accepting orders, but ALSO go in and de-select Thursday hours as being open for pick-up & delivery.  THEN remember to go back in at the end of the day after your turkey coma and re-select Thursday so your store actually shows up as open the following Thursday.  Soooo dumb 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 82 of 200

We have a carryout event for our brewery and we are taking pre-orders for the event. Customers will have 3 days that we are open to pickup their product. We're having issues with our hours though as we can't find a way to show special days/hours only and our order confirmations are all showing that the product will be available for pickup the next day. 

Is there any way to show special days/hours only? 

Message 83 of 200
Square Community Moderator

Hey @EvanM and welcome to the Community!

I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 84 of 200