x

Can I adjust business hours on Square Online for a holiday?

We will be closed for Memorial Day on Monday and I want to allow orders to keep coming in but I would like to let our customers know that they won't be able to pick up on Monday. Is there a way to "block out" Monday from a pick up day? If I change the business hours, it could show us closed EVERY Monday not just Memorial day...any fix to this?

Message 1 of 200
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Thank you for your patience as our teams worked hard to get this feature ready for use! 

You can now set restricted dates at the location level to manage days on which you do not want to accept pickup and delivery orders. Head to your Online Overview page, select Settings > Pickup & delivery > select a location. Once here, pick a location, and you'll see Restricted dates:

Click Restricted dates to edit your hours - then scroll down on this page to find the Restricted dates section, and click Add date to start adding restricted dates. Feel free to check the box next to Repeat every year if your business is always closed on this specific date:

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 3.55.15 PM.png

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 138 of 200
Beta Member

Best Answer

When  youre building the announcement pop up, there's a "style and content" tab and a "settings" tab. You go to the "settings" tab and go down to "schedule" and  click "set duration." You can set the date it starts and ends after that!  I hope that helps!!

View Best Answer >

Message 196 of 200
199 REPLIES 199

This is a huge issue and results in the need for refunds and angry customers that effects our relationship.  Please fix this, your company makes way too much to not have updated this yet.  Especially in today's times with online ordering so essential.  Small businesses are already hurting, please help.

Message 106 of 200

I know it's not possible to change holiday hours but this is essential.  It makes organization and pre-ordering a nightmare.  Google, Grub Hub, Uber Eats, etc all allow for special holiday hours.  It is time consuming to change fulfillment times back and forth and is not practical.  I've had people order for Christmas day when we're in fact closed.  The guest recovery/ refund process not only costs us money but it costs us the impression it makes on the customer.  PLEASE fix this, it's not asking too much, this is simple programming especially for a company with $4.55 Billion in assets.  PLEASE HELP THE SMALL BUSINESS THAT HAS HELPED YOU COMPILE THIS WEALTH.

Message 107 of 200

I need to schedule holiday hours to close so people can order online. And set hours when delivery is not available. Is this feature still not available? How hard is it to get this feature set up. 

1- you know that this is a needed feature 

2- fire your product manager and hire me! I will get it done in a month!! 
3- what are your engineering team doing! Get your VP of engineering on this 

4- you can easily outsource this and have it done quickly!!

5- just buy the **bleep** feature from your competitors it may be cheaper!!

6- we want a straight up answer is this in your roadmap!! Yes or no? 
7- seriously hire me!! why isn’t anyone at square working on this?   
8- please help me and this community get this feature!!! I am about to lose my business and I just found out about the online store since I been with square! I am doing all I can to save my business!!  We can spend hours searching and fixing things!! Begging you get this done!!!! 

Message 108 of 200

I certainly dont know programming but does not seem to me that it would be to hard.  We are 8 months into this mess many of us are still trying our best with using this online store model even though its not ideal.  They keep pushing out features that people are not asking for but not the features hundreds of us have been asking for for months.  The roll out of being able to time restrict items has no benifit to many of us because we operate on a preorder basis.  Also I would save hours and hours a week if the ASAP option could be removed.  I have certain items for certains day and relying on customer choose "Schedule For Later" I yell it from the roof tops and they dont pay attention.  If it forces then to choose a day and time then it would save me many headaches

Message 109 of 200
Beta Member

We need this desperately!  It is confusing to customers and very time consuming, hoping this is being worked on!

Message 110 of 200

So due to not being able to adjust to take preorders at special times & make these adjustments I have had to continue my "online store" & had to completely not use my online store and use a google form for preorder.  Now mind you this makes things even more difficult because I am operating curbside.  So now I have faith that they will pick up & not stick me with an order and then stand out in the cold with my tablet ringing each person up. 

3 things that we have been asking for knowing for alot of us we never imagined operating this way and never for this long with no end in sight.

Ability to remove ASAP option

Allow items to be assigned to specific day/time

Allow certain calendar days to be assigned times as many many have mentioned

I am now just a one man band and the time I spent trying to correct things due to not operating the way I need it to is frustrating

Message 111 of 200

Yes! Adding my request for this feature.

Message 112 of 200

Add me to the 10 page+ list of people who need this feature for their stores to work. Who doesn't have special hours around the holidays?

Message 113 of 200
Beta Member

Is there a way for us to close out specific dates?

We are approaching the holidays and need to close specific days Christmas 12/25 and 1/1/2021.
We are getting a lot of orders for pickup Christmas even though we note that we are closed. 

Where can we do this in Square?

Austin.

Square, problems, holiday, closing, dates, specific dates, bugs

Message 114 of 200
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MaricaOakland,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been asked/answered by another seller.

Check out the Best Answer for more details.

Ashley C
Message 115 of 200

We will be closed between Christmas and New Years. Is there a way to remove future order dates and avoid customers from choosing pick up/delivery dates during the times we are closed?

Message 116 of 200

I would like this info as well

Message 117 of 200
Admin

@bluebirdcakery and @BrightonLaunch thanks for posting. This is currently a feature request and I've merged this thread to another thread as a result. I would encourage you to peruse the thread for workarounds as well. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 118 of 200

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Special Hours for Restaurant

Is there a way to update special hours for holidays or other date-specific business closures? As of now I manually toggle on/off when we're accepting orders, and try to update about closures on the banner screen on our Square Online ordering site. However customers can still technically order when we are closed, and are given a written notification of what day their food will be available, leading to some canceled orders on days we were closed. We use Square for Restaurants including Square Online for takeout orders. We do not use Square Appointments. Thanks in advance.

Message 119 of 200

Adding my name here as well. I was just about to sign up and pay for a plan, but have decided not to until this is an available feature. Unlike bigger businesses, I have no other employees other than myself and run this show on my own at the moment. I have a family depending on me. I have lost costumers in a time I really need them because this feature isn't available. It's been 7 months since the start of this thread and the only available "workarounds" obviously cause owners and costumers alike a great deal of headache and lost sales. 

Message 120 of 200

You sound exactly like me!! So did you see today 1/8 they just rolled out the adjustment.  Rolling out this feature now is like salt in the wound.  

Message 121 of 200
Beta Member

Square charges 50 cents per delivery order, this is not cheap at all.  For a service to charge that much, plus the merchant fees, and not have a simple thing like Holiday Hours is ABSURD!  This better come fast or I'm ditching.

Message 122 of 200

I'm ditching as soon as the holiday is over.  Customer service is crappy and now, Weebly blames Square and Square blames Weebly....but they are the same company....it's exhausting

Message 123 of 200

Please add a holiday hours feature where we can block off certain days for ordering! I have so many customers complaining that days during our holiday break are available for ordering. In order to prevent this, I would have to shut down our store entirely. In Covid times, this just isn't feasible. Thank you!

Message 124 of 200
Square Community Moderator

Heya @boconnor,

Thanks for the suggestion! I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 125 of 200

We absolutely need this feature.

Message 126 of 200