x
Beta Member

Can I create Sub-Category within the Category

I have a category called "Candy"  within this category, I'd like to have "Regular size" and "King Size".  Not all the items in the candy category falls into these two categories, but most do and they are all same price.  eg Regular size is $1.75 and buy 2 for $3.   King size is $2.25 and 2 for $4.  I'm trying to update (raise) prices and discount rule and was thinking it would be so much easier if they were neatly in one place.  

I thought about using the variations. eg Kitkat variation regular size, variation king size.  

right now i have them as two individual items with their own barcode.  Can I combine them into one item with two variation?  how would the discount work then?

or.. should I name them Reg size kitkat, and King size Kitkat?  so that when I sort item list alphabetically they would be grouped together?

It would be easier if I can somehow group them within the candy category.  And I would really rather not create two more category since I feel like have two many categories right now.

Any creative ideas would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, yes, you can create sub-categories that display.  Sub-sub-categories will not display.

example: Kitkat

Kitkat listing

variation: 

regular $1.75

king $2.25

The Square platform does not offer the 2 for $x.xx option.

Since you are raising prices, you could have a 10% off ongoing discount.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 2