x

Can i see when an employee clock in from the phone app

Is there a way to see if an employee clocked in and out from the phone app and not from the POS? I have a suspicion that one of my employees is clocking in before getting to the restaurant and I didn't realize the setting for the app was on. (I just deactivated it).

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi there and welcome to the Seller Community! This is an amazing question, but you are right, there is currently no way to view the physical location of where you employees are clocking in and out. Disabling the employee's ability to log into the POS app with their own email/password is the best, first start, and also making sure they are signed out of it on their phone will help secure that the iPad is the only place they can do it. 

Do you have security cameras in your store? It may be worth checking those out to see if they are physically in the location or having someone clock in for them if they share pass codes with each other. Another option is starting to track employee sales to see when the first sale is actually made. 

I hope these suggestions help and let me know if you have any other questions! 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

I've done this step and employees say they can still clock in and out on their phone.  Have we answered this so that they can only do that on the POS on location

Message 22 of 29

that’s silly. my employees like to login to check their weekly hours. so i have to take that access away from them. i don’t know why your system would allow employees to clock on from their phone? that makes no sense. defeats the purpose of clocking in/out. i could have them write down their hours on a piece of paper and it be just as effective and save the $5 per employee i pay?

Message 23 of 29
Beta Member

Employees are expected to clock in no more than 5 minutes before their scheduled shift but often, depending on how busy we are, they may stay longer than the scheduled shift. Because of this, it is very hard for me to verify their clock out time. Sometimes employees forget completely and then clock out hours later (obviously when they are not still at work). Is there a way to verify the location of the clock out or to prevent employees from clocking in/out if they have left the workplace? Thanks!

Message 24 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Hi @buchmandor,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too! 

Ashley C
Message 25 of 29
Beta Member

If an employee clocks out with their mobile device is it possible to see the location of where they clocked out?

Message 26 of 29
Admin

@EcoCarCafe I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 27 of 29

How can I publish a weeks schedule all at once instead of each day? I do my scheduling weeks out and its annoying hearing notifications ring for each day. Seems like Im missing something somewhere.

Also, is there a way to prohibit employees from clocking in from their living rooms while using the app to clock in? I would like my employees to clock in easier, but since being late is a thing, I wouldn't want them clocking in from the expressway.

Thx

Message 28 of 29
Admin

Hey and welcome @TommyHines. I moved your post to this thread so you can take a look at AshleyK's Best Answer for the second part of your question about employee clock ins. 

Now I'm not 100% sure about publishing a full week's schedule instead of day by day. I've got a word out to our Payroll team to get some clarification, so I'll let you know once I hear back from them.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 29 of 29