x

Cash transactions delay before being "approved"

I noticed today that when a customer pays with cash, and I click the denomination to give them the change, there is a longer than normal time before the "appoved" screen comes on and the cash drawer opens.  Normally, the cash drawer opens almost instantly.  I noticed this happening once before, a few weeks ago, and it was a couple days before everything went down in the system wide outage.  Anyone else having the same issue with a longer delay on cash transactions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello @danbosworth

Is this a common occurrence? Or has it only happened twice, once a few weeks ago and again on Wednesday? 

This could mean many things, like a temporary internet issue or that the app you are using is outdated. 

I'm happy to send troubleshooting steps, but I need to learn a little bit more about your current setup. 

Are you using a piece of Square hardware? If so, what are you using? What other pieces of equipment are currently a part of your setup? 

Let me know so I can better assist! 

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

I'm having the same issue. It is happening on all three of my Square Registers every time they do a cash transaction and it's really slowing them down

Message 3 of 3