x
Beta Member

Did Square stop using the Service Charge tab in the library

We have been using Square for several years and had a 'Service Charge' tab in our library; I was told that Square was doing away with the ability to do this- is that true?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Agency Partner

@SBDS You should still be able to access Service Charges. Here's how to get there:

In the menu, click Settings > Account & Settings. Then, go to Business information > Service charges. 

You should see the options that you're expecting there. 

Need more help with Square? Feel free to contact us directly, we're happy to help.
appaloosa.tech
ask@appaloosa.tech
512-866-8806
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SBDS - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 And thank you, @AppaloosaTech and @TheRealChipA for providing some additional context here.

Here is the thread on passing Square fees to customers, which I believe is the thread Chip is referring to 🙂

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@_Violet that was one of the articles. I am PMing you about a related issue

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Hi @SBDS.  Service charges are still allowed, for things like large party service charges, etc .  The confusion might have come in because recently — due to card companies cracking down and auditing/imposing pretty hefty fines — Square is currently disallowing what are called surcharges to recoup card processing fees from customers.  The biggest reason for this is that many sellers are charging surcharges to customers who use debit cards and prepaid and gift cards, which is not allowed, period.

Having said all of that, were you just curious, or are you unable to find your valid service charges all of a sudden?

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 5