x

Has anyone heard if square is working on credit/debit card processing fee vs cash option yet?

I know back in November Square required us to take down service fees on credit/debit cards because they did not have that distinction separated in their system for cash vs credit debit card fees. Anyone heard anything knew?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hi @praizeandgraze.  

There has been no announcement of any change for this yet, nor has a beta test been announced.  I’m assuming that a beta test would come first since this is such a significant and important change and they’d want to test it well before rolling it out to everyone.  An announcement will be made in time, but I wouldn’t expect it quickly.  This is a rather big change since Square (and Clover and everyone else) now has to determine card type (credit, debit, pre-paid, etc) to ascertain which transactions can have automatic surcharges added and which can not.  Also this is a change that touches every part of the Square payment ecosystem.  It’s a pretty big deal.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2