x

How to a get a larger version of a QR code for print?

I've successfully created the QR codes I need, but they are really small (1.67" at 72 dpi). I'd love them to be that size or larger at 300 dpi. I've searched the archive and looked around the Square site but haven't yet found what I need. Any help will be most appreciated! Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi AllStory,

Square's QR Code seems to be only one size - you can enlarge it using most any photo or graphic editing app, however, it can get a bit distorted depending on how big you go.  The other work around is to use a free online service like this one whereas you can easily go bigger or any size with no distortion.  All you need to do is copy the link that is generated by Square's QR Code generator and past the link into the detail box of the free online service.  It's quite easy and works well and the plus side is you can the same service to generate other types Barcodes.  Square features and options are not one size fits all so sometimes you have to go outside the box.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi AllStory,

Square's QR Code seems to be only one size - you can enlarge it using most any photo or graphic editing app, however, it can get a bit distorted depending on how big you go.  The other work around is to use a free online service like this one whereas you can easily go bigger or any size with no distortion.  All you need to do is copy the link that is generated by Square's QR Code generator and past the link into the detail box of the free online service.  It's quite easy and works well and the plus side is you can the same service to generate other types Barcodes.  Square features and options are not one size fits all so sometimes you have to go outside the box.

Message 2 of 5

Thanks so much--this is super helpful!

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

@AllStory :

You could also create other QR codes for Free through any spreedsheet or Document.  Here is a video for this and a free download to make QR codes.

Video on Tube   7 min video

Download is in the description in the video for the template she uses.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 5

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5