x

Items showing out of stock

When adding a new item to Square, I can add inventory, but on the POS it shows as out-of-stock, and unavailable. After changing inventory by stock recounts several times, it will finally show as being in stock. What's really confusing is at the POS, it shows the current inventory level, but says sold out.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @thecoffeedude !

I've seen times where the Sold Out flag shows even though you've entered inventory. Usually it clears itself up within a minute or two. Especially since you're adding new items, it can take a little time syncing up. This isn't usually a problem unless the load on the servers is heavier than usual.

Only recommendation that I have is to make sure you're on the latest app version and iOS/Android version. I know that little tweaks on the server side of things can cause random issues on your point of sale. I've seen inventory being affected by this myself on a non-updated system recently.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

I was having this issue yesterday. My workaround was to have the item available only at my current store and deselect the "all future locations" option. For whatever reason that solved the issue on my end. 

Message 3 of 3