x

QR code to leave a tip

can you get a square QR code that people can scan and just sent me money? i do community events and have a tip jar and a sign with my QR codes for venmo, cash app, and paypal. not everyone has one of these. i imagine there is (or could be) a square QR code that they could scan and then be prompted to enter an amount and their credit card number like paypal. i would just rather have all of my money in one place. i guess the long way around would be to have a site item called "tips" and a QR code that directs them there. just want it to be easy so people don't get frustrated and abandon the tip. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@alabamabarbie There isn't a way to just have a QR code that leaves a tip in square.  You have to have a transaction and purchase otherwise this would be too close to doing a cash advance and there is a whole set of credit card issuer rules you get there.  You could set up donations or a 1.00 item that lets them leave a tip, but this is not quite for square is set up.  This is for selling goods and services.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2