x

Selling digital products with Square card reader that are also sold online with WooCommerce

I am hoping for some guidance on a possible set up that works for both online and in person sales. I sell ebooks online through WooCommerce (using Square as a CC processor). These same ebooks are also created in my Square dashboard. I would like to sell the ebooks in person using my card reader.

Has anyone tried to do something similar? Is there any way to generate a WooCommerce purchase event when someone buys a digital product from my Square account?

If not, is there a way to just require the customer to enter their email at checkout with Square Point of Sale/card reader?

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hi Jennifershoals,

You can collect the customer's email address at checkout and/or it may already be in the system however, by design, it's intended to send a receipt.  The other challenge I see is Square's ability to manage Digital Downloads at this time are a bit limited as compared to other 3rd party services intended for Digital Downloads.  Right now you're limited to either manually sending the item (file) via email as an attachment or providing a link to a Cloud site like Dropbox or Google.   You may want to also share your thoughts with the Developer Forum for some possible suggestions as what you have in mind may be possible via some custom coding.

Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

@jennifershoals when you add any item to your sale on the app there is the option to add a note so you could add their email address there. This will be visible in the transactions view too. 

NB. if your items are set to add straight to the sale then you can tap on them from 'review sale' to add the note in on them there. 

Message 3 of 5

I know it has been a while since you posted here, but I will mention an app my company built called Bitship which can handle your use case. As long as you collect the customers email during checkout Bitship can automatically deliver an email to them with the ebook within seconds of purchase.

Message 4 of 5
Partner

Hi @jennifershoals 

I noticed your post about needing a solution for selling digital products both online through WooCommerce and in-person using your Square card reader. I wanted to let you know that SendOwl now integrates with Square Online, allowing you to seamlessly sell and deliver digital products alongside your physical items .

With the SendOwl app, you can securely sell ebooks and other digital products through your Square account and checkout process . The integration is designed to simplify the selling process, so you can focus on your creative work while SendOwl handles the secure checkout and delivery .

Here's how it works:

1. Connect your Square account with your SendOwl account via the Square settings page in the SendOwl dashboard .
  2. Link your Square products to your SendOwl digital products from the SendOwl dashboard .
  3. When a customer purchases a linked product from your Square checkout, SendOwl will automatically deliver the digital files to the buyer .

SendOwl offers robust security features for your digital deliveries, like unique secure links for each purchase, customizable link expiration, download limits, and PDF stamping to prevent sharing .

Best of all, the SendOwl integration enhances the simplicity and security of your digital product sales, whether online or in-person. If you need any assistance, SendOwl provides industry-leading support through their help site .

I hope this helps provide a solution for streamlining your digital product sales across both WooCommerce and Square! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Matt
[shameless plug as I work for SendOwl. But I do think we can help you out!]

Message 5 of 5