x

Square's Dispute Resolution is Garbage!!!

We are a spa and retail store and had two disputes for significantly large amounts. Customer had spa services services and purchased products on the day of the transaction. Both customers received their services and products and we did our part to make sure that we collected documentation with signed waivers, booking confirmations, policy details and even photos. We submitted our evidence to the dispute resolution with customer signatures, receipts, and the photos of the customer on the day of the transaction and the dispute was ruled in favor of the customer!!! This happened for both transactions. This is absolutely ridiculous, I have never seen such unfavorable dispute resolution. This leads me to believe that this has do either do with the square POS platform or there's an unfavorable arrangement for the merchant between square and the banks. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hi Belleo,

I believe it's up to the customer's credit card issuer and/or bank who makes the "final decision".  From personal experiences, regardless of who processed the transaction, all we ever had to do was contact our card issuer - which also happens to be our bank.  We explained to them that an unauthorized transaction was recorded - they in turn would make the decision as to how the issue would be handled.  Our bank has always decided in our favor - not so honest customer's can do the same - all one has to do is claim an unauthorized transaction.  Square can get caught in the middle as the card processor - if the card is valid - the transaction is processed - that part is pretty straight forward.   If the customer is not so honest - they contact their card issuer and say they did not make that purchase or that their card was lost, etc., etc.   Just our thoughts of course, perhaps others here have some different thoughts.

jkj

Message 2 of 2