x

What receipt printer can I get if I only have square pod on a iPad and a android

Just provide me with a link to a specific one or two but not a whole bunch of options please, (I only have the app installed on these devices I DO NOT HAVE A SQUARE STAND)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hello @Kingstonhealthy !

Printers for android and iPad based Point of Sale tablets are definitely available.

The Hardware Compatibility for tablets with Square Readers help page has a full list of compatible printers.I would recommend looking at an Ethernet or Wifi printer versus a USB printer. USB printers can only be seen by the system it is attached to where the Ethernet printers can be seen by every tablet.

I use the Star Micronics TSB143III thermal receipt printers. They're workhorses. It is available in Ethernet or Wifi modes, and either mode will work with either tablet. You can find them on Amazon in either ethernet or wifi configurations.

There are a few other brands available on that Square help file page, but I haven't played with them to know their reliability or durability.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6

hey so I got the STAR TSP100iii BUT its not working well

printer is connected to the wifi and I got the test sheet however I am unable to print receipts from the square transactions also the printer keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. 

I'm thinking its some settings needs changing on my router. what do y'all think?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@KingstonhealthyHmmmm.... I love it when printers want to get grumbly... Good thing is once you have it working it rarely will give you problems.

You said that the printer is connected via wifi. First thing I'd check is that it is on the same wifi network as your Square devices. When you get your test sheet it should show you the wifi name and your printer's IP address. On your devices' wifi settings, make sure you are connected to the same wifi network and your IP address is the same. Usually the IP addresses on routers are listed as 192.168.1.xx. If the devices aren't on the same network they won't see each other. The Star Quick Setup Utility app is great for checking and updating network information. Also make sure you have the latest firmware installed on the printer.

If that looks alright, try moving the printer closer to the wifi access point and see if the disconnects stop. Wifi is pretty finicky and if you're not line-of-sight there can be some problems with connections.

If after all that Square still can't see the printer, check to make sure your iOS device can see devices on the network. Force close the Square app, go do device settings -> Square -> local network and make sure access is enabled. Restart the app and check to see if you can see the printer then.

If you're still having problems connecting, you may want to set up a static IP address for the printer. This help file shows you how to do that.

Once all that's done it should just be the matter of setting up your printer and printer stations on the tablets. This help article will help you there!

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 6

thank you but unfortunately after trying all your recommendations I'm still unable to connect and print.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Well dang. 😞

I'd recommend giving the Customer Success team a call then. They may be able to help you in more ways than we can on this forum.

Sorry I couldn't help more!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 6 of 6