x

Why don't I see CashApp Pay on my Square POS for Android app?

I recently learned from friends at our farmers market that they can accept CashApp through their Square mobile apps.  Since Square's help article says it's available for the Android POS app, I checked mine, before and after updating it, but don't see that option.  I don't have a CashApp account, but I'd like to accept payments from customers who do.  Do I need to do something else to add it?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

you shouldn't have to do anything other than put it in your main payment types used 

click more, click settings, click checkout, clink payment, scroll down and add or arrange the payment types you want.

I have never had a customer ask to use cash app to pay in over 100k customers.  Don't know if it is that rare or just in my south Chicago area that it doesn't matter.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Message 2 of 5

Thank you, @VanKalkerFarms  If I understood the article correctly, to enable CashApp as an option, I would need to create/add a QR code to my phone or presumably a sign on my table first.  I'll talk to my friend Mary again.  If doing this means signing up with CashApp too, I'll probably skip it.

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Best Answer

you shouldn't have to do anything other than put it in your main payment types used 

click more, click settings, click checkout, clink payment, scroll down and add or arrange the payment types you want.

I have never had a customer ask to use cash app to pay in over 100k customers.  Don't know if it is that rare or just in my south Chicago area that it doesn't matter.

Message 4 of 5

I owe you another thank you x 2. ❤

I came to the community today to look up info on gift certicates and reread your follow up message to this thread. So I decided to try your recommended steps again.

This time, not only did I find the Cash App option, but I also saw the gift certificate one I needed for my new inquiry.  Now, I can donate certificates as prizes for special events at our local farmers market so winners have to visit my booth to cash them in.  And unlike the gift card option, I can set an expiration date, plus I won't have to write off the expense and fees if the certificates are never redeemed.

You just made my season!!  🥳

Message 5 of 5