x
Beta Member

Change in How Discounts are Presented on Paper Receipts?

Anyone else notice the update today changed the way the discounts are presented on the paper receipts? Makes the receipt appear to be a total mess. A routine order at our store, with a couple discounts, resulted in a 2 foot receipt. 

Does anyone know how to, if possible, move the discounts back to the bottom of the receipt? Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hello @DoggFish thanks for your post. I noticed something on a printed receipt a few days ago (often my customers don't want a printed receipt, so I don't see what they get on their end)...but I noticed when I applied a % discount to the entire order, instead of showing at the end, it applied that % to every item on the receipt and showed the regular price discounted by that much.

I'm not sure if/when this changed (as I said I don't often look at paper receipts), but this seemed confusing and I'd rather just see the discount total at the end. I suspect this is may be to help with possible returns...and being able to see what each item final price was? I can't give an answer if this is something that can be changed in a setting, but i don't think so.

Message 2 of 2