x

Delayed Tap Pay

When I ring customers up on the register, if someone has a phone or apple watch that they want to pay with the register will read the card but not go through. More specifically, when the screen is black it will read the card but not go through. We have to wait until the screen turns blue then when it reads the card it will go through. The problem is that the customer has to exit out of their card on their phone and go back in for it to read again.

If the customers card on their phone is read at the black screen, it wont go through. Once the screen turns blue it will not go through again unless the customer exits out of their card and go back in. We can not do anything about this, and it is absolutely infuriating having to tell customers this all day everyday. It is such a pain to tell them to go out of their card and then go back in for the tap to work.

Any help is appreciated as we use the square register with the display extended.

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @SWCMD and @ronalddevries, thanks for following up with me. I'm sorry to hear that this issue still hasn't been resolved for you 😞

At this stage, we'll need you to connect with our Support Team so they can file a ticket to get our engineers' eyes on this. Our Engineering Team will be the ones to determine what will need to be done to resolve this issue. Our Support Team will need to gather some information from you about your device that will be included in the support ticket.

If you're using a Square Register, your account has 24/7 access to our phone support team. You can reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

I appreciate your patience and understanding surrounding this issue 🙏 I'm sorry I'm not able to help further myself.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 15 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square Champion

Hi Dorothy! This has happened to us as well. 
Not sure if there’s a fix I can give you because I’m sure square is working on it BUT just smiling and communicating to your customers through it will help. 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 15

Hi @Dorothy_Tonys and @Lovewell 👋

It sounds like your Square Register might require a reboot. When you have a moment, give these troubleshooting steps a try and let us know how you go! 

Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

Also dealing with the same issue!! 

did the reboot help at all? 

Message 4 of 15

Hey @Bryan14 I am sorry you are having issues as well! Do you have a video by chance so we can get a better idea of what is going on? 

If you have tried all troubleshooting steps and are still having issues please reach out to support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport so we can investigate this further. 

Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

I have a similar issue when customers pay with Apple and tap with their phone.  It basically reboots the system. It happens frequently but not all the time.  Every time it happens we need to re-enter the order.

Message 6 of 15

Hi @ronalddevries - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with Tap to Pay has brought you to the Seller Community😥

Which Point of Sale is this happening on? Is it a Square Stand, Terminal, or Register?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 👀

Violet
Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

Square Register

Message 8 of 15

Thanks for confirming, @ronalddevries!

I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps for your Square Register listed here. If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes 🤞

Violet
Message 9 of 15

similar thing happened to use today, very annoying as it showed approved

Here is a video of it from the camera above the register: https://youtu.be/9nNsEUUxjeY

I've uploaded to Youtube, it has happened 4 times to us in 7 months: search "square pos - glitch after card payment" on Youtube to see all the videos. 

Message 10 of 15

Hi there, @ronalddevries and @SWCMD 👋

I have been informed by our engineering team that this issue should now be resolved. Could you please check to make sure that your Register is on the latest software version and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue after that?

Thank you!

Violet
Message 11 of 15

is it and has always been up to date on the software. 

Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

We are still seeing the same issue.

See video here:

https://youtu.be/WN5VDtcMQkY

Message 13 of 15

the difference between the issue u are having and we are having (based on your video), is that ours freezes and blanks out after the customer pays and the screen showed APPROVED!!! This is telling us and the customer the transaction has been successful and approved, then it blanks out and then Square tell us that it has been VOIDED!!! But I think we are having related issues. 

youtube: "square POS glitch" to see all out videos, it has happened 4 times 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf1kqvRp38w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1AA5G3lkDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7ayqx8y-Dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNsEUUxjeY

Message 14 of 15

Best Answer

Hey @SWCMD and @ronalddevries, thanks for following up with me. I'm sorry to hear that this issue still hasn't been resolved for you 😞

At this stage, we'll need you to connect with our Support Team so they can file a ticket to get our engineers' eyes on this. Our Engineering Team will be the ones to determine what will need to be done to resolve this issue. Our Support Team will need to gather some information from you about your device that will be included in the support ticket.

If you're using a Square Register, your account has 24/7 access to our phone support team. You can reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

I appreciate your patience and understanding surrounding this issue 🙏 I'm sorry I'm not able to help further myself.

Violet
Message 15 of 15