x
Beta Member

Is it possible to capture Square Register screen

I am working on some documentation for training team members in conversion from existing POS that we are replacing to Square for Retail running on Square Register hardware.

Is there any way to capture a digital copy (image) of what is displayed on the Register screen for inclusion in documents?

This is an easy thing to do on Android/Chromebook/Windows devices, but I haven't been able to figure out if Square's Register hardware supports this.

Bonus points for being able to also capture the image from the customer facing display.

I know I can take a picture of the screen, but the quality is generally not as good and there is extra time involved in cropping, etc.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @tdgjrb - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to share your suggestion 👋

At this time, the ability to capture a screenshot on the Square Register is a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business. I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2