x

Scanner not recognizing barcodes or ringing up items

This week I’ve had to shut our register off 3 times because items are not scanning. It beeps and will not scan onto the sale which is a problem if you’re not looking at the screen. Is anyone else having this issue? My scanner is connected and working just fine practically the whole work day minus having to restart the system the past few days. We have the retail point of sale system and it’s only 2 years old.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

If this is happening intermittently, I'd recommend doing a factory reset and checking if the behavior persists. You can also test plugging in the Scanner on a different port to discard the port being faulty. 

I hope this information is helpful, @FourHeartsCB

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

@FourHeartsCB I had this happen at the end of last week.  iOS did an update and we had to update the square app so that everything then worked right after the update and restart.  

Sometimes apple breaks the square app with updates on mundane little things but usually square has an update ready to go out, but you have to go to the actual app page and manually update as apple staggers app updates.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 3