x

Square Register Appointments Missing Staff Assignment when manually adding Service/Item at Checkout.

Hello,

We recently bought and installed the new square register with customer display.

I have noticed that Square Register Appointments is missing staff assignment option when manually adding a service / item from the library at checkout. Appointments for iOS has this option.

The staff assignment option is not missing when adding a service or item to a checkout through either the calendar or appointments checkout pages. However, it will insert a duplicate service to the staff's calendar at time of checkout when manually adding more services to the checkout. This seems like a bug of some kind.

My requests:

1. Ability to assign staff to any service / item regardless of wether it is picked from library, calendar, or appointments screen. This is how it currently works on iOS Appointments app.

In addition, the current appointments checkout screen does not allow checking out couples services, ie services that happen at the same time with two different staff members, in one transaction. You either have to:

1. Do two separate transactions and have the appropriate staff assigned so commissions are correctly calculated (very inconvenient for everyone)
  2. Tap on one appointment on the Appointments checkout screen, manually add the other service on the "Review Sale" screen. Assign appropriate staff for the service. This will create and duplicate "checked out" and "paid" appointment on the staff calendar at time of checkout. (Commission reporting is calculated correctly but calendar is totally scuffed).

Is there a way to checkout couple style services, that is, services performed by two or more staff at the same time where 1 customer pays for it all while preserving reporting and commission tracking and not scuffing up the calendar with duplicates and NOT doing multiple transactions.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello @emergespa 

For your first question, when you add an appointment in either the calendar or appointments checkout pages, it shouldn't insert a duplicate service to the staff's calendar. 

I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team to investigate as a bug. You can contact them here

Now for your requests, they are currently considered feature requests. We will be passing your feedback along to the appropriate team so it can be considered for future updates. If we do add these features in the future, we'll update this thread. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

There is another bug.

When checking out through the appointments or calendar you cannot add modifiers to the service at checkout. Again, this works fine on iOS appointments app.

Why is the square register functionality to far behind / missing?

Message 3 of 3