x

Square Register intermittently crashes only when connected to my hotspot.

I have a Square Register that I got last March. For a while it was fine, but back in June it started crashing randomly when connected to my Pixel 7's hotspot. It crashes and then reboots and gets stuck in a boot loop. If I turn the hotspot off, it will boot normally after that, and when I turn it on again it tends to work fine after that, though there have been times when I had to do that two or three times a day.

This only happens on my hotspot, never on my wife's Pixel 4a hotspot.

Any ideas what's causing it? 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @funnelcakestn.  I suspect this is a problem with the Pixel 7.  The reason I say this is that, if you do a quick Google search for Pixel 7 hotspot, you’ll see that that particular model had a lot of hotspot connection issues earlier this year.  There were patches issued that fixed the problems for some, but not all perhaps.  So, the first thing to do is make you that you have all of the OS and firmware updates installed on your phone.  If that doesn’t work, this might require a call to their tech support.  The fact that this works for your wife on an earlier model phone but not on yours makes it very likely the problem resides in your phone, especially since hotspots were a known problem when that model was released.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @funnelcakestn.  I suspect this is a problem with the Pixel 7.  The reason I say this is that, if you do a quick Google search for Pixel 7 hotspot, you’ll see that that particular model had a lot of hotspot connection issues earlier this year.  There were patches issued that fixed the problems for some, but not all perhaps.  So, the first thing to do is make you that you have all of the OS and firmware updates installed on your phone.  If that doesn’t work, this might require a call to their tech support.  The fact that this works for your wife on an earlier model phone but not on yours makes it very likely the problem resides in your phone, especially since hotspots were a known problem when that model was released.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2