x
Beta Member

Square register crashes when processing card payment

My square register crashes when processing payments.  It happens when customer tap or insert their card.  After tap or insert their card, the customer display changes to black screen with Square logo and the register crashes.  My square register’s software is up to date.  It doesn’t always happen ever time but it happens at least 10 times today during our business hours.  Is also shows message: 

Payment Not Processed

The customer display was disconnected. The last payment for $…,,, could not be processed.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Finally the problem is solved.  I called Square support on the first day.  The technical support wanted me to do a factory reset.  After the reset, the problem still existed.  I also changed the USB cable that connects the customer display and the Square Register but the issue was still there.  Then, I try to do a factory reset again, this time I skip the USB cable.  I dock the customer display directly into the Square Register.  After the rest, everything was working fine today.  I guess for some reason, the customer display has to dock back into the Square Register in order to do a proper reset.  Sine then, I took the customer display out of the Square Register and connected them with the original USB cable.  Everything works fine now.

I almost buy a new customer display after the first factory reset.  It was a good thing that I tried it again.  

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I am having the same problem, did you get a solution.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @veteranscigarcl,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If you're having trouble processing card payments on your Square Register, please follow these basic troubleshooting steps. Make sure to walk through the general troubleshooting steps before going through issue-specific ones.

If the issue persists, please give us a call here.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Message 4 of 4