x

Team Permissions for Backing out Transaction

Hello, Square Register is requiring our team to put their passcodes in when backing out of a transaction (example: when moving from the payment screen back to the transaction to ADD additional items). The permissions have been set so that all team members can back out or cancel a transaction. How can we remove this passcode requirement? 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @Monty360.  Since you posted this on the Register board, I have no way of knowing which POS your are using — Standard, Restaurants, Retail, Appointments.

But, to give you one example, if you are using standard Square POS, on your POS go into settings > Security.  Scroll down to the “Require passcode” section and uncheck the “to back out of a sale” setting.   That should do it for you.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @Monty360.  Since you posted this on the Register board, I have no way of knowing which POS your are using — Standard, Restaurants, Retail, Appointments.

But, to give you one example, if you are using standard Square POS, on your POS go into settings > Security.  Scroll down to the “Require passcode” section and uncheck the “to back out of a sale” setting.   That should do it for you.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2