x

Should I Deactivate a Non-Active Team Member?

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "To deactivate or not?"

Hello, I am having to temporarily let go my only employee for 2 months (until spring/ summer). Should I deactivate them until then? Will I still be charged for services even though I will not run payroll if I keep them activated? Also, are there any state agencies I must contact if I am not running payroll? Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tastywaves- Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community with your question.

If you need to deactivate a team member, you are able to reactivate them at any time from the Team section in your Dashboard. You'll just need to filter to "all" or "inactive" team members to show the ones that you've deactivated. And yes, this is a good idea in case you're using any of our subscription services that are priced by the number of active team members you have - just to make sure everything is up to date and accurate.

As far as Payroll goes, I would suggest that you get in touch with our Payroll Support Team directly. They will be able to provide more information and make the best suggestions in relation to Payroll or any necessary documentation for this process.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2