x

Square has blocked my payroll and when I called to Customer service

Square has blacked my payroll and when I called to Customer service, they say payroll will answer at their own time.

The thing is I need to pay my employees and I am past due at this point. 

It has gone beyond 5 business days and i hate how sloppy these guys have been. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @datasyinc.  Sorry to read this.  Since I am not Square, I can only offer some advice.  Regardless of why Square has done this, and regardless of their lack of timeliness in informing you of the reasons and your possible options for remedying this situation, the fact remains that you are stuck.  You can not process Payroll through Square for the moment.  Obviously you have waited too long to pay your employees on time, but better late than never.

I would start looking immediately for a new payroll processor.  There are options that integrate with Square in the Square App Marketplace.  But there are many other options available to you as well.  Regardless of who you decide to use, I wouldn’t wait any longer to start that process or your future payroll woes will only get greater.  Since this should be your first check of the year, setup will be pretty uncomplicated and shouldn’t take long, and you can enter your employees hours and other gross pay information and get their money to them.  If I were you, I’d opt initially to write manual checks so that you can get your employees’ money to them ASAP.

Your other option here would be to contact your CPA/accountant and ask them what they can do to help you run a one-time manual payroll with the tools at their disposal.  They might also have advice about payroll software/processors you can use in the future if you want.

Otherwise, all you can do is wait for Square to contact you.  Since the past two weeks have been holiday weeks, I’m not surprised there have been delays in doing so.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2