x

Team messages isn’t working.

My staff of 11 and I receive notifications but we cannot see the actual message 

we have deleted the app and reinstalled, updates our apps and even signed out/in

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@Javaonjoe / @TheRealChipA  good news - our team has found the cause and deployed a fix for it. Affected users can resolve the issue by closing and reopening the app to apply the update on their device. Doing so should repopulate any missing messages in your chats and also prevent the issue from occurring moving forward.

Please let me know if you or your teams continue to face any issues. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! 🙏

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Hey @Javaonjoe.  I was just going to post the same thing.  So I’m just going to tag a few Square moderators here to alert them to contact the engineers.  I’ll add this from my experience.  IF I sign out of Team and right back in, the messages are all there, for me at least.  That has worked every time for me.  Weird that it hasn’t for you, but this entire issue is weird.  I can see the messages in the iOS notifications, but not in the Team app itself.

@_Violet @JJ_ @RobynR @MayaP @Summer2024 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 8
Square

@TheRealChipA / @Javaonjoe Jerry from Square here. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is actively investigating and will revert back with more updates. In the meantime could you provide more details to help our teams troubleshoot:

1. What you're seeing: A new push notification comes in about a new message. You click the notification / open up team app but are not able to see the aforementioned new message in any of your chats. Signing out and resigning back in seems to help?
  2. Is this happening to all new incoming messages (i.e., you've been unable to receive any new messages from any chats) or just a small subset of incoming messages?
  3. Is everyone on your team experiencing this issue (you included) or just a certain subset of team members?
  4. Is this specific to a device type (i.e., iOS, Android, or Both?)
  5. When did this start occurring? Has this been ongoing for a while or just began today? 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Thanks @Jerry_.  Here are my answers.

1. What you're seeing: A new push notification comes in about a new message. You click the notification / open up team app but are not able to see the aforementioned new message in any of your chats. Signing out and resigning back in seems to help?

That is the case.  I see the notification and either click on it OR just open the Team app.  In both cases, there is no reply there, even though there is one in the notification.  So for, for me, signing out and back in resets things.

1. Is this happening to all new incoming messages (i.e., you've been unable to receive any new messages from any chats) or just a small subset of incoming messages?

I can’t be 100% here but once it starts happening, it happens to all future messages until I sign out and back in again.  Sometimes, rarely, I’ll get a message I can view then it messes up.  But I’ve not been able to find a pattern to when or why.

1. Is everyone on your team experiencing this issue (you included) or just a certain subset of team members?

I’ll check with my team.  But one team member has mentioned similar weirdness.  Both of us use iOS.

1. Is this specific to a device type (i.e., iOS, Android, or Both?)

As I said above, I’ve not heard anyone complain about it happening on Android.

1. When did this start occurring? Has this been ongoing for a while or just began today? 

I started noticing it a few days ago.  Early in the week, I think.  But at first, since I thought I was doing something wrong, I didn’t really pay much attention.  The more it kept happening, the more I realized there might be server/push issues.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 8

Hi there! Thank you for helping with this. 
if we log out and back in, we can see the most recent messages, but it Hass to be done several times throughout the day in order to see the messages. The notifications pop up on the main screen and then go away and there’s nothing in the message chat. I’m pretty sure almost everyone has an Apple iPhone. 

Message 5 of 8
Square

This is super helpful, thank you so much. Our team is on it - I promise to circle back once we have an update to resolve this for you and your teams! 

Message 6 of 8
Square

Best Answer

@Javaonjoe / @TheRealChipA  good news - our team has found the cause and deployed a fix for it. Affected users can resolve the issue by closing and reopening the app to apply the update on their device. Doing so should repopulate any missing messages in your chats and also prevent the issue from occurring moving forward.

Please let me know if you or your teams continue to face any issues. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention! 🙏

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

Appreciate the quick resolution, @Jerry_!

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 8 of 8