x
Beta Member

Tip Pooling By Transaction assigning all tips to one employee

We had a one day of sales last week as a test run.  Both employees are set to TIP eligible.  One is salary but clocks in for tip purposes, the other is hourly and clocks in as well.  I have the system set to pool tips by transaction.  However when I imported payroll ALL the tips went to the one salary employee and I can't understand why it was not pooled properly.  I don't have time to manually adjust this every run and I setup payroll to run automatically.  This stuff needs to work properly in an automated fashion!

CColotti_0-1711968950806.png

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Yes - it should default to the location of the scheduled shift when clocking in, but you can still change the location of the clock-in from the clock-in interface.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

HI @CColotti - thanks for reaching out!

We took a look at your setup and it looks like the team member that didn't receive any tips was clocked into a different location.  The pooling by transaction setting only applies to a single location.  Hope that helps clear up some of the confusion.

Jason

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Okay I will have to check her app tomorrow to make sure she clocks into the right location.  Does it not force the location in the team app if that is where she is scheduled?

Message 3 of 4
Square

Best Answer

Yes - it should default to the location of the scheduled shift when clocking in, but you can still change the location of the clock-in from the clock-in interface.

Message 4 of 4