x
Beta Member

offcycle paycheck tips

i just processed the offcycle paycheck tips using "paycheck tip" column for my team. After adding the tip amounts for each, and processing it, i just noticed the federal income tax is much higher than regualr paychecks on each person's paystub. Is this normal? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@WholeCakes2 Yes, if you did it as supplemental income then it was ran at 22% instead of the w-4 rate.  You can change this I believe but here is the exact verbage:

"

1. Select the Payment Type that applies to the payment:

• Regular Pay will calculate taxes based on the tax rates and W-4 information at the time the off-cycle payment is sent.

• Bonus Pay or Other Supplemental Pay will calculate taxes using the federal supplemental withholding rate of 22%. To learn more about withholding rates, refer to IRS Publication 15 and your state’s employer’s tax guide."

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2