x

Entering vendor on square register and category grid questions.

Hoping for some help with a couple of things. I am in the process of entering inventory. I have one employee entering on a desktop and another entering on my square register. I see that when you enter items on a square register there is not the option to enter the vendor or low stock option. I can enter both on my desktop through my dashboard. How do I get to my dashboard on my register? Again, I am able to check out customers and enter items but cannot enter the vendor or low stock option. 

Second question - On my square register where the category grid blocks are when you go to checkout, then page 1 - you can click on some category squares and several items within that category pop up. Click on other categories and although items have been assigned to this category, the items do not pop up. Am I missing a step?

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Gourmet1 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

The Square Register does not have web browsing capability so you will not be able to access your Dashboard there. However, the Register should reflect the same item details as in your Dashboard. Your Register's software version could possibly be out of date if you aren't seeing all of the features. You can make sure you're Register is on the latest software version by following the steps listed here, under General Troubleshooting.

Please let me know if this resolves the issues you've been experiencing. I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I am able to get on my dashboard from my square register. However if I want to enter inventory that way the speed is super slow. If I enter inventory on the register through the app, I am unable to add the vendor and low stock option. Shouldn't I be seeing those options on my register when entering new items?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Gourmet1 - Thanks for your reply.

Are you currently using Square for Retail? If so, I would recommend reaching out to the Retail Support Team so they can confirm which features will be available in the application vs on the Dashboard for you.

If this happens to be unexpected behavior that cannot be resolved by troubleshooting, the Support Team can also create a ticket so that our Engineers can take a closer look at this and investigate. You can get in touch with our Support Teams here. Thank you!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4