x

Issues with Cash Management On Square Terminal (11/17/22)

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Cash Management On Square Terminal"

Anyone else seen Cash Management and therefore cash drawer counting/closing disappear on Square Terminal? We've used it for a few months and in the past week it has disappeared. It now shows as an add-on that does not operate on square terminal. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@ScoopDevlle Hi! so I actually just saw someone else post about this as well. I was thinking maybe their terminal needed to perform a software update. Does your terminal update nightly? If not try updating it. I will check my terminal now since I have seen 2 threads about this and see if I come up with the same problem.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ScoopDevlle and @Lovewell - Thanks for posting here on the Seller Community.

Our team was just informed moments ago that this issue is impacting many Square Terminal users. We've made a post to alert Sellers here on our Status Page and will continue to update this page as we receive more details from our engineers.

We appreciate your patience while we work on a fix! 🙏

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4

we spoke with Square support on the phone. It's a known issue with the most recent software update. We were advised that a factory reset (done on the terminal via settings, about terminal) would solve the problem. It did. However, we had the same problem the next day and had to do another reset. Frustrating. Hopefully this doesn't continue and they come up with an actual fix. Thanks for responding! 

Message 4 of 4