x

Stuck on Powered by Square Screen

Every time I enter the device code on the square terminal to sync with virtual terminal, it gets stuck on the "powered by Square screen".   This forces me to complete a factory reset, which nullifies the sync (it does initially sync but doesn't help because the terminal is unusable).   

Any suggestions or has anyone else experienced this?   I have an email for support with Square, but I thought I'd check here too, at the advice of Square.  

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @BKW.  I’m not sure there is a problem here, or I don’t understand your post.  The “powered by Square” message shows up on a connected terminal when it is ready to accept payments.  It will stay this way until a payment is sent to the connected terminal.  You can change that screen to show things like your business name, logo, or other image if you’d rather.  But this is the connected terminal’s “default state” while waiting for something to do.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @BKW.  I’m not sure there is a problem here, or I don’t understand your post.  The “powered by Square” message shows up on a connected terminal when it is ready to accept payments.  It will stay this way until a payment is sent to the connected terminal.  You can change that screen to show things like your business name, logo, or other image if you’d rather.  But this is the connected terminal’s “default state” while waiting for something to do.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3

Thank you! You totally solved this for me.    I figured it was frozen in that state; however, I just tried a fake transaction, and it sent it right to the terminal.  I probably did a factory reset a dozen times. 

Thanks again! 

BKW

Message 3 of 3