x
Beta Member

Conversational Modifier SUB

When using SUB in the conversational modifier, there should not be a  charge as you substituting one thing for another (or else what the point of using SUB) 

Right now when I sub one topping for another, the customer gets charged for the topping instead of not paying extra because it is a substitution.  

Am I missing something here?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @EUPHORIA

Thanks for coming back to our Seller Community! I'm happy to check with our Restaurant's Team if we offer a workaround for sub toppings as this seems to be a feature request.

I will make sure to circle back on here to provide more details if any. Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Seems like the reason this can be happening is because your sub item/modifier has a price associated with it. If you want your customers to substitute an item without getting charged you will need to create an additional modifier without a zero price that is used only for substitutions.

Please let me know if that works. 👀

@EUPHORIA

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks @sayra  this is not a great workaround because I  would then have to make a second modifier list of all the toppings without any prices.  I have a list of over 30 toppings. 

I also don't understand the point of having a conversational modifier "Sub"  if using it is just going to charge the customer full price for a substitution.  Sub should not charge any amount, because that is what it is,  a substitution. I am substituting one topping that is already included in the price of the pizza for another that is not.    Similarly, if I type "No"  followed by a topping,  the amount is not discounted either.    For example, I have spinach pizza that comes with onions.  If a customer wants NO onion SUB tomatoes for example now they are paying extra for a substitution. 

Does this make sense? 

I am not sure how other folks are dealing with this, but our old POS was able to handle this logic. 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Following up on this one as our staff has been asking about this. @sayra

Message 5 of 6

It looks like I'm replying to a very old thread but I'm in the same pickle and wondering if you ever heard anything back

Message 6 of 6