x

How do I choose which location do Checkout links go through?

I have multiple locations set up in my Square account. I have also created website with delivery option. Customers order by calling or texting us and I send them checkout link. The problem is that the Checkout link feature is for some reason connected to wrong location although I didn't even set that location up for online store. It goes through the first location that is in my list. I also noticed that address didn't sync properly for that location from my Square account.

How do I connect checkout links to desired location?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @Wikz8,

There isn't a way to assign checkout links to a certain location but if anything didn't migrate over correctly such as the address you should reach out to our direct CS team to have them fix this for you. 

That might be what's causing it to report to a location that the online store isn't under. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Best Answer

Hey @Wikz8,

There isn't a way to assign checkout links to a certain location but if anything didn't migrate over correctly such as the address you should reach out to our direct CS team to have them fix this for you. 

That might be what's causing it to report to a location that the online store isn't under. 

Ashley C
Message 2 of 12

I have this same problem and have been 2 hours trying to fix it.  Square exhausts me.

Message 3 of 12

Hi. Were you ever able to fix it?

Message 4 of 12

I switched to Wix Payments and PayPal. Square is too unpredictable and created too much headache to be a fee service.

Message 5 of 12

Donor made a donation via a checkout link button on my website.  The funds went into an incorrect location and sent an incorrect receipt (wrong location with inappropriate details for the donor).  How does the checkout link determine which location to apply source funds?

I am finding square too unpredictable to interface with the public.  The settings are buried all over the place.  it's a scavenger hunt to find the settings and then when you find them, there's still some kind of error.  Exhausted.

Message 6 of 12
Admin

Hey @amialamb78 - are the items you sold associated with a specific location or all locations? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 12

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: online link

I have 3 locations within my square account. When I set up Online Payment links,  and share them with customers, the transactions register in the wrong location. How to correct, or does the Online Link default to the first location listed. I do i then capture the revenue in the correct location?

Message 8 of 12
Alumni

@rrowe1975 Right now, Checkout Links cannot be assigned a specific location. It will default to your main location. 

Justin
Message 9 of 12

Hi. I'm having this same issue as of 8/10/23. Client made a donation via a checkout link and it did NOT default to my main location (which is Lubbock, Tx). Instead, it went through a location I have set up for an art festival I do once a year. Is there a way to fix this yet? 

TIF HOLMES
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
WWW.TIFHOLMES.COM
Message 10 of 12

We are a non-profit with multiple locations. It would be great if each location could have its own donation button, and then the funds that are deposited would then go to each locations unique bank account.

However, it seems that donation buttons are "company wide" and aren't tied to a specific location. Is this true, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Brad

Message 11 of 12

Hello @samecafe,

Thank you for reaching out. I am happy to assist. I also just want to clarify you referring to the donation button you set up on your website. Not a checkout link setup for a donation, correct? 

Message 12 of 12