x

Live sales square restaurant doesn’t show dash board until end of the day closing?

I am trying to see live sales in square dash board with my phone but it looks like sales updated in the dashboard  after end of the day closing only.. is there any way I can check the sales in live? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mavis! Thanks for reaching out. Do you have to settle tips for your restaurant sales? If so, that's what is causing the live sales to seem "hidden" until the close of day. You cannot close your business day in Square for Restaurants without settling tips, but until then, the payments are still marked as "pending" and therefore wouldn't be published. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

This issue should be changed. I'm suggesting adding a "pending sales" tab or something. As a restaurant, we CAN NOT wait until the end of day after closing, to see how did we do. We need reporting on live sales to change staff, cut or add staff, cook more items that are selling well, so many other decisions. Please think about adding this to remote reporting. 

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

This definitely should be a feature request.

Message 4 of 10

I am so tired of this system not showing daily sales until close of day. I am about to jump ship to a different company. When I first started I could see them. 

Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

any update on this please

Message 6 of 10

This is broken with square for restaurants. Even when tips are settled it won’t reflect current sales until you run close of day. It makes it incredibly difficult to view sales unless you are on a pos that is running square for restaurants which your phone won’t do. Regular free square pos offered this. Why not restaurants 

Message 7 of 10

Hey there @Bhcbistro our team is aware of this experience and is working on solving it. Thank you for flagging it.

JJ
Message 8 of 10

Hello! I have some great news for everyone on this thread. 

Having the ability to see live sales on your Dashboard is active! Check out this Product Update with all of the information. 

@Mavis @Bhcbistro @sbrockz @TadhgSlater - Tagging everyone who posted in this thread, just in case they didn't see the announcement. 

Kassi
Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

Thank you!

this is very helpful

Message 10 of 10