x

Manage online orders from multiple points of sale - Square For Restaurants

We use the black register/customer facing screen for our in person orders. 

We have a separate ipad that manages our call in and online orders. 

After speaking with an agent, we confirmed that we can't manage online orders from both points of sale without printing two tickets for every online order.  Which sets us up for failure by potentially having us make orders twice.

Ideally I'd like to manage online orders at any point of sale, but only print one ticket. 

If there is anyone else who would find it helpful to have these functions (printing online orders and managing online orders) separate from each other, please let Square know.

Bruce
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@lgmbts I am sorry, but your information they gave you is incorrect.  You can manage orders on another tablet without printing both sets of orders.

The order manager can be used on any number of tablets to see the orders and update progress.  I use an older android tablet in my kitchen for the line to mark orders in progress and ready.  We have one dedicated register that is set up to print orders automatically.  I believe this is what the representative was referring to.  If you set orders to print automatically on 2 registers it will print 2 copies.

You can print/reprint from the ipad, but do not tell it to print automatically.

But in the restaurants app, when you go to hardware and set up the printers.  You will have "print receipt", print in person order tickets, print online orders.  When you tap on print online orders, you will have an option to "automatically print new orders" and you will set that to off.

Go to settings ---> Hardware ----> printers ---->online order tickets

Screenshot_20210914-114034_Square Point of Sale Beta.jpgScreenshot_20210914-114043_Square Point of Sale Beta.jpg

These are from my phone, but I think the settings are the same in the restaurants app.  (secret hint: you can use the point of sale app on your phone and log in and see your orders also, I can see my stores orders and I am not even in the same building at the moment).

The restaurant app is great and is really set up and offers a way for food service to manage stores.  But there are a few work arounds.

Hope this helps,

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2