x
Beta Member

Running close of day

Hello,

Is there any other way to run close of day than from the Square Restaurant App on the iPad? I am often not at our restaurant when we close and have to end up going back in after closing (which is late at night and not all together safe) just to run the close of day from our register stand iPad as i can't do it from any other app or online area. This is really frustrating  and inconvenient especially since I can't initiate  a deposit until it has been closed. Please tell me I'm missing something. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @GinaB

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for your post! 

So sorry for the frustration you're experiencing with this feature. Unfortunately, the Register only supports the Freemium version of Square for Restaurants and the Close of Day is only available in the Plus version. 

I would be happy to tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team to get some eyes on. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi @Kassi_ 

I have the plus version. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@GinaB

Ah I see! And you're using the Square Register (black) or the Square Stand (white).

After consulting with one of our Restaurant advocates, they reassured me that Restaurants Plus is not available on the Square Register. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4